There is a quality of life that exceeds anything this world has ever known! The thrilling mysteries of the life and power of God are all available to you as a believer in Jesus. Walking in the spirit is not at all as mysterious and unobtainable as it may seem to be.
When you make a decision to step from natural into supernatural living, you will be able to accomplish things you’ve been desiring for years, including:
- Breaking bad habits that have been dragging you down
- Keeping your priorities straight under pressure
- Knowing—for sure—if you’re hearing God’s voice
- Receiving answers to problems you’ve prayed about for years.
Take a rewarding step into the great things God has for you today. Begin by meditating on these 10 scriptures to help you walk in the spirit:
1. “The sheep follow him, for they know his voice” –John 10:4, ESV.
2. “For we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance” – Romans 8:26, AMPC.
3. “Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God” – Romans 12:1-2, NKJV.
4. “For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit” – 1 Corinthians 14:2, NIV.
5. “I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh” – Galatians 5:16, NKJV.
6. “He that sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life” – Galatians 6:8, NKJV.
7. “We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus” – Hebrews 12:2.
8. “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” – Hebrews 12:1, NIV.
9. “He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked” – 1 John 2:6, NKJV.
10. “By this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us” – 1 John 3:24, NKJV.
Did you see any common themes? God’s Word makes it clear that spending time with Him, especially by praying in the spirit, is paramount to walking in the spirit. Hearing Him and obeying Him are critical to your success! And…just as important are breaking free from sin, bad habits and wrong attitudes that are holding you back. You can have the life you’ve always dreamed of! Let the Spirit of God take you there.