When times are tough, our thoughts are often pulled to the quickest solution or even fears about how things could get worse. Singing songs and praising are not at the forefront of our minds.
But if you’re in a storm right now, praising God is EXACTLY what you need to do. That’s why the devil works so hard to keep you focused on your problems—that’s not where your help comes from! Psalm 121:2 says our help comes from the Lord. Hallelujah!
Praising and worshipping God will actually do more to help your situation than anything else. It can break through sickness and disease, defeat lack, bring wealth and heal relationships. Don’t sit in sorrow anymore, dear friend; learn to praise in the storm and watch your life make a total turnaround.
Begin today with these 36 scriptures about praising in the storm, why you have reason to praise, and how praising will change your situation.
All scriptures are referenced in the English Standard Version.
1. Deuteronomy 31:6 – “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
2. 1 Chronicles 16:9 – “Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!”
3. Psalm 7:17 – “I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.”
4. Psalm 9:11 – “Sing praises to the Lord, who sits enthroned in Zion! Tell among the peoples his deeds!”
5. Psalm 18:3 – “I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.”
6. Psalm 21:13 – “Be exalted, O Lord, in your strength! We will sing and praise your power.”
7. Psalm 23:4-6 – “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.”
8. Psalm 27:4-5 – “One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.”
9. Psalm 34:1 – “I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”
10. Psalm 42:5 – “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation.”
11. Psalm 43:4 – “Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.”
12. Psalm 46:10 – “Be still, and know that I am God.”
13. Psalm 59:17 – “O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love.”
14. Psalm 61:8 – “So will I ever sing praises to your name, as I perform my vows day after day.”
15. Psalm 68:4 – “Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him who rides through the deserts; his name is the Lord; exult before him!”
16. Psalm 69:30 – “I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.”
17. Psalm 71:23 – “My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed.”
18. Psalm 92:1 – “It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High.”
19. Psalm 98:4 – “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!”
20. Psalm 100:4 – “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!”
21. Psalm 103:2 – “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.”
22. Psalm 119:164 – “Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous rules.”
23. Psalm 149:3 – “Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!”
24. Psalm 150:1-6 – “Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!”
25. Isaiah 43:2 – “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.”
26. Jeremiah 17:14 – “Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
27. Matthew 5:1-5 – “Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: ‘Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.’”
28. John 10:10 – “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”
29. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
30. Philippians 4:19 – “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
31. Hebrews 2:12 – “In the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.”
32. Hebrews 13:15 – “Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.”
33. James 1:2 – “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds.”
34. 2 Peter 3:9 – “The Lord is not slow to fulfil his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”
35. 1 John 2: 14 – “You are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.”
36. Revelation 21:4 – “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
When you use these 36 scriptures about praising in the storm to strengthen your faith and build your arsenal against the devil’s attacks, you’ll see changes you never thought possible. Keep praising in the storm! Your best days are still out in front of you.
Watch Kenneth Copeland teach you why praise is the highway to God.