If you’ve been standing on the Word of God for finances, healing, a family relationship—or anything else—but haven’t seen a manifestation, there might be a very good reason. You see, the love of God is unconditional, but His promises are not. Even salvation is attached to a prerequisite—an “if”—which we see in Romans 10:9 where it says, “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (NKJV).
So, when you feel like you’re in a spiritual stalemate, go to the Word of God and find the “if” that leads to your promise. Go with an open heart, willing to change, willing to be obedient, willing to be real about where you might be missing it. That’s how you get over the bump in the road, the place where you feel you’ve been sitting for eons longer than you ever imagined.
Ask the Lord to give you revelation into where you might need to make an adjustment. Then get to work, and get moving toward your promise again!*
The Promise of Prosperity
1. “If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land.” (Isaiah 1:19)
2. “If you earnestly obey My commandments which I command you today, to love the Lord your God and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul, then I will give you the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your grain, your new wine, and your oil. And I will send grass in your fields for your livestock, that you may eat and be filled.” (Deuteronomy 11:13-15)
3. “Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you today; and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the Lord your God.” (Deuteronomy 11:26-28)
4. “The Lord will greatly bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you to possess as an inheritance— only if you carefully obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe with care all these commandments.” (Deuteronomy 15:4-5)
The Promise of Divine Health and Healing
1. “So if you walk in My ways, to keep My statutes and My commandments…then I will lengthen your days.” (1 Kings 3:14)
2. “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.” (Exodus 15:26)
The Promise of Favor and Promotion
1. “If you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth.” (Deuteronomy 28:1)
2. “And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them.” (Deuteronomy 28:13)
3. “…. Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble.” (2 Peter 1:5-10)
The Promise of Guidance and Wisdom
1. “If you seek Him, He will be found by you.” (1 Chronicles 28:9)
2. “If you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; yes, ifyou cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, ifyou seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.” (Proverbs 2:1-5)
For Every Promise
1. “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.” (John 15:7)
2. “If you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done.” (Matthew 21:21)
3. “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” (Mark 9:23)
4. “If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” (Matthew 19:17)
The Promise of Fellowship With Him
1. “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.” (John 15:14)
2. “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
3. “If we endure, we shall also reign with Him.” (2 Timothy 2:12)
4. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
5. “If you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.” (Mark 11:25)
Notice that most of the “ifs” are centred around obedience to God’s Word—not just some of His commands—all of them. Any area of disobedience—unforgiveness, failing to walk in love, dishonesty, strife, envy—will get in between you and your promise. So, determine to fufill your end of the deal! Study the “ifs” and take a good, honest look at what you can work to correct. Then, buckle your seat belt because you’re about to launch into the promise!
*All verses are taken from the New King James Version.