18 Bible Verses About Wealth and Prosperity
The Bible is full of scriptures about your financial increase, wealth and prosperity. If you’re praying for a financial breakthrough, there’s no better place to turn than to God’s wisdom, spelled out in His Word. God’s Word is life—life to our bodies, life to our spirit, life to our relationships and life to our finances. As believers, as we read, memorise and think about God’s Word concerning money we’ll find every answer we need within its pages. Pray these 18 Bible verses about wealth and prosperity, as you believe God for the breakthrough you need to gain victory—once and for all—in your finances.
- Proverbs 22:7: Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender.
- Romans 13:8: Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbour, you will fulfil the requirements of God’s law.
On Financial Responsibility
- 1 Timothy 5:8: But those who won’t care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers.
- Luke 16:11: And if you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of heaven?
- Proverbs 13:22: Good people leave an inheritance to their grandchildren, but the sinner’s wealth passes to the godly.
- Proverbs 21:20: The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get.
- Luke 6:38: Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.
- Proverbs 3:9-10: Honour the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine.
- Malachi 3:8-10: “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! “But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’ “You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!”
- Deuteronomy 16:17: All must give as they are able, according to the blessings given to them by the Lord your God.
- Luke 21:1-4: While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins. “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.”
- 1 Timothy 6:10-11: For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows. But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.
- Hebrews 13:5: Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”
- Luke 12:15: Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.”
On God’s Provision
- Philippians 4:19: And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
- Proverbs 10:22: The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.
- 2 Corinthians 9:8: And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
- Jeremiah 17:7-8: But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.
Now that you’ve read these financial scriptures for increase, wealth and prosperity, don’t just click away. Take time to pray for a financial breakthrough, citing the promises you’ve just read from God’s Word. Print them out, put them on your bathroom mirror, desk, or refrigerator, and remind yourself what the Bible says about money each and every day. You don’t have to live in debt or in fear of what the economy might do. Stand and be in prayer for financial breakthrough, and believe God for the increase and victory you need in your finances today!