Wondering how to respond to the coronavirus as a Christian? Use these prayer points to take your place of authority.
Quarantines, resource shortages and the strain on the economy can leave many people feeling helpless during these challenging times. But make no mistake—you were made to conquer.
God has said He will always cause us to triumph (2 Corinthians 2:14). All we have to do is take the VICTORY He has assured us—and we do this by FAITH.
It may not seem like it, based on what the media has to say, but when it comes to the coronavirus, you are not helpless. In fact, you are needed in this hour—for such a time as this.
One powerful weapon you have at your disposal is prayer. Pastor George Pearsons wrote a Prayer of Agreement for Victory Over Coronavirus that you can get HERE. In addition, you can further assume the position of authority in Christ Jesus and use these 6 Prayer Points in Response to COVID-19. Your prayers are powerful and will produce wonderful results (James 5:16)!
1. Pray That the Church Will Be a Light
“A scared world needs a fearless Church.” These words of A.W. Tozer could not be more true than in today’s circumstances.
When trouble comes, we—the Church—should look different from everyone else. We should respond differently. In doing so, we will shine a light in a dark world that is without hope and peace—something most people are reaching for right now.
While the world spreads messages of fear and uncertainty, we are instructed not to be conformed to this world but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2). That means we don’t let the world tell us how to respond, we let the Word of God be our guide.
Pray that the Church will do the following:
- Don’t feed fear. Our words and actions should stand out in the crowd. Instead of joining in with the fear-filled conversation, pray that we will be an encouragement instead and speak God’s Word of victory.
- Exude confidence. While others are panicking, Christians should look different. We should bring hope and peace to an unsettling situation and demonstrate our faith.
- Offer to help. Instead of hoarding resources, we can find ways to reach out to the community. Run errands for the elderly or pray for people over the phone who are experiencing fear.
2. Pray for World Leaders
While so many people have used this opportunity to criticize leadership, Christians should be different. We must demonstrate the love of Christ, rather than a spirit of criticism.
First Timothy 2:1-3 says, “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior” (NKJV).
We can show love and support by praying for world leaders in the following ways:
- Pray that every world leader would operate with wisdom, strength and guidance from God.
- Pray for peace for all leaders.
- Pray for cooperation among all leaders.
- Pray for supernatural understanding and decision-making ability regarding COVID-19.
3. Pray for Our Economy
The response to current circumstances has put a great strain on our economy—including small businesses. You can use your faith to pray for our economy in the following ways:
- Pray that fear would cease, and economic activity would pick up again.
- Pray for the financial health of small businesses.
- Pray for a supernatural renewal of resources.
- Pray for the protection of jobs for fellow believers.
Remember—we are not under the world’s economy—we are under God’s heavenly economy, and it NEVER FAILS. Satan has come to steal, kill and destroy. We have been given authority, and it’s time to pray him out of this situation and off our money in Jesus’ Name!
4. Pray for Psalm 91 Protection
There is no prayer more powerful than one prayed in faith and based on Scripture. Psalm 91 covers every aspect of the current circumstances with the power of Almighty God.
When you pray, you can declare scriptures in faith. You don’t have to ask if it is God’s will to protect you—His Word already says so!
- Thank Him and praise Him that Psalm 91 protection is all around you.
- Declare Psalm 91 protection over yourself, your family, your body and your home.
- Don’t forget to pray for health care workers, grocery store personnel and others in essential roles who are on the front lines.
- Recite Psalm 91 out loud and make it personal by putting your name in the verse.
Find A Personalized Declaration of Psalm 91 HERE.
5. Pray Against the Spirit of Fear
God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of POWER, love and a SOUND MIND. A sound mind doesn’t think and speak irrationally or stir up a spirit of fear among other people. It is EMPOWERED in any situation!
Isaiah 41:10 (NKJV) says, “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
You can pray against the spirit of fear as follows:
- Bind Satan from operating and from spreading fear among your friends, relatives and country.
- Loose a spirit of peace, power and a sound mind.
- Declare 2 Timothy 1:7 over your life.
6. Pray That People Will Come to Christ
In difficult times, many are seeking answers. It is in uncertain times that many will turn to the Lord who wouldn’t have otherwise. We believe that the end-time harvest is here!
Here are some tips on how you can pray that people will come to Christ:
- Pray that those who do not know the Lord will come to Christ and find the answers, not only in the current troubles, but with every need they face in their lives.
- Pray for an awakening and that people would turn to Him when all other sources fail.
As you use these 6 Prayer Points in Response to COVID-19, you will not only impact the world around you, but build your own faith at the same time. Prayer is a powerful weapon, and it CHANGES things. Expect and believe for the power of God to descend upon His people in response to their faith, praise and prayer. We have the victory over the coronavirus (COVID-19)!