I don’t know about you but this has been one of the most inside-out years of my life. Okay, make that two years. Two years filled with change, with worship, with grace and with progress like I have never known before.
In my past experiences, I have had all kinds of change. Usually it’s the typical slow kind of progression where you really can’t pinpoint the catalyst that put you on a different track or the “straw that broke the camel’s back”. But not this time, this time I can tell you exactly what the open door was that so revolutionised my life. One Word from God. Literally, a passage of scripture that He gifted me with.
I should say that previously, He got my attention at a conference two years ago. I have been to a lot of conferences in my life to be sure, but He met me at this one in an unusual way. To make a long story short, He poured out a heart to worship on me. Since that time, I cannot worship enough. I am consumed with fire for who He is and with love for my Father God and for my Savior.
My spirit became so hungry to hear His word to me and more attentive to His voice than I have ever been. This was my state of heart when my life changing word came. I would say that I read a scripture that changed my life but it was more like He read it to me. Today, I want to pass it along to you because it has changed my life forever. This passage is like the morsel that Alice in Wonderland found that said “Eat Me”. Change. And the drink she drank that said “Drink Me”. More change. Ready??
Psalm 19:12-13 NLT says, “How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.”
As I was reading along one day, the Lord took over. He literally read this to my heart. Instead of hearing the word fault as in blame or my fault vs. your fault, I heard it read “weak places”. If you read this passage with that in mind it changes the whole concept of the scripture. Not long after this I saw the movie San Andreas about the fault line in the earth that runs 1300 kilometers through California. The “fault” or weakness lies deep beneath the surface. In the movie, when the tectonic plates shift below the earth it rips the surface apart, causing great devastation.
This is what happens to people’s lives when there are thoughts, emotions or hurts hiding in our soul that we are unaware of. You think things are fine and then “boom” your world turns upside down. These things are what drive people to do things they wouldn’t think they would do or sin in ways they don’t plan on. And how can you know they are there if they are hiding? I used to say, “You don’t know what you don’t know” and without the Lord’s help that’s true. But we are not without His help, thank the Lord.
That day when He was reading to me, I began to pray that scripture as a prayer over my life. I had no idea how He would use that open door to cleanse me of toxic thoughts and every other kind of thing that was holding me back. My daily prayer became an invitation to Him to dig around on the inside of me. In short, I let Him do some house cleaning in my soul. Since then, I have been on the grandest adventure with Him! Hebrews 12:25-29 MSG pretty much sums up what He has been doing in me.
So don’t turn a deaf ear to these gracious words. If those who ignored earthly warnings didn’t get away with it, what will happen to us if we turn our backs on heavenly warnings? His voice that time shook the earth to its foundations; this time—he’s told us this quite plainly—he’ll also rock the heavens: “One last shaking, from top to bottom, stem to stern.” The phrase “one last shaking” means a thorough housecleaning, getting rid of all the historical and religious junk so that the unshakable essentials stand clear and uncluttered.
Do you see what we’ve got? An unshakable kingdom! And do you see how thankful we must be? Not only thankful, but brimming with worship, deeply reverent before God. For God is not an indifferent bystander. He’s actively cleaning house, torching all that needs to burn, and he won’t quit until it’s all cleansed. God himself is Fire!
And I say “Let it burn!”. If it’s not God, I don’t want it! Let me encourage YOU to be bold enough to let Him in on your inside business. Our Father is a loving Father and our Savior a Gracious Friend. He will take this open door to your heart and turn your whole world upside down and I PROMISE you’re going to love it!!!!!
I dare you.
We asked Kellie Copeland 21 Questions to help you get to know her…
- Coffee or Tea? That is a hard one. Mostly coffee but in England or Australia, definitely tea!
- Your favourite word? My new fav is change
- Your favourite thing to do on the weekend is? Be able to have a slower pace and relaxed mornings
- Beach, forest, countryside or city? Beach for sure
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? chocolate chip cookies
- 5 words to describe your life? grace, joy, family, love, blessed
- One place in the world you would love to visit… Paris, never been
- What’s your go-to nail polish colour? I’ve gone from pale pink to dark raisin red
- If you were deserted on an island, what 5 things would you want with you? My Bible, pjs, a good pillow, pen and paper
- What’s your favourite worship song/band? another hard one. The big three: Hillsong, Bethel, Jesus Culture
- Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do? Yes
- One of your favourite childhood memories with your mum? Picking peaches in Arkansas, in general being in the country
- Besides the Bible, what book have you read lately that you think everybody needs to read? The Entitlement Cure
- One tip that will encourage a new mum in their new journey of motherhood? Give them your unconditional love regardless of their shortcomings and when they are older they will do the same for you 🙂
- Tell us one of your favourite sermons of your Dad’s (Kenneth Copeland)? From the Cross to the Throne. Gets me everytime!
- What are some stand out scriptures that you live your life by? Psalm 19:12, Ephesians 2:10, Psalm 139, Psalm 25, Proverbs 4, John 5:30
- How do you keep a strong family bond with all your children living in different places around the world, and in all different stages of life? I thank God for Facetime! And for family texts. We enjoy being in contact as a family. I can’t tell you how much I laugh at my kids and their comments on the family group text. If I suddenly burst out laughing, it’s probably the reason.
- Outside of the Copeland family, who do you look up to in the faith? Brother Jerry Savelle, Keith Moore, Jimmy Evans, Mark Barclay amongst many others.
- What’s the Lord saying to you about 2017? I am prepared to be thoroughly overwhelmed by His Love and Grace. I expect to continue to be radically changed. I believe the church is headed to the place of unity that John 17 and Ephesians 4 talks about. We’ve never seen that before.
- What would you say to somebody who was considering becoming a Partner with KCM? Do it! KCM is all about serving and pouring God’s love out. I believe that our impact on the Kingdom is just beginning. I love our partners and I love what we do!
- How did Superkid Academy come about? I wanted my kids to know more about God than just Bible stories. I wanted them to know that He loved them! We started talking about recording music and a storyline that the kids could relate to. We wanted the kids listening to evolve and grow in the word along with the kids in the story. One thing led to another and the story/songs became movies, novels, bible studies and church curriculum. God is amazing.
– Guest Blog post by Kellie Copeland, Daughter of Kenneth & Gloria Copeland.